The conference will take place in the Albergo Monte Verità (monteverita.org) located on Monte Verità, a small hill that offers a panoramic view of the Lago di Maggiore. The location is close to the village Ascona (ascona-locarno.com) in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland.
The conference site (address: Strada Collina 84, CH-6612 Ascona) can be conveniently reached by public transport. From any of the international Swiss airports (Zurich, Geneva, Basel) you can take public transport offered by the national railway company of Switzerland (sbb.ch) to get to Locarno. Another option is to fly into Milan in Italy (Milan Malpense) and travel to Locarno from there. In all cases, the schedule and available options for the trains and buses can be found at www.sbb.ch.
Reaching Locarno From the Airport
- Zurich airport (ZRH) offers the fastest connections to Locarno. From the airport you can take the train and will reach Locarno in approximately 2.5 h.
- From Basel airport (BSL) public transport to Locarno will take approximately 3.5 h.
- If you arrive at Geneva airport (GVA), the train ride to Locarno takes approximately 5 h.
- From the Milan–Malpensa Airport (MXP), the train ride to Locarno takes approximately 3 h.
Locarno Station to Monte Verità
- If you arrive on Sunday, there will be free shuttle busses from Locarno railway station to the hotel. Detailed information on the schedule of these shuttles will be provided approximately one week before the beginning of the conference.
- If you arrive at another time, local bus Nr. 1 brings you to Ascona Posta. From Ascona Posta the conference site at Monte Verità is an approximately 15 min walk. Alternatively, you can change at Ascona Posta to bus Nr. 5 (“Buxi”) that stops in front of the hotel "Monte Verità".
- Taxis are available at Locarno railway station (ca. 15 min) and Ascona Posta (ca. 5 min).
Hotel and Conference Site
- You are strongly encouraged to stay at the Monte Verità Hotel that offers reduced rates to conference participants. However, please note that the number of single rooms is limited and participants that wish to book a single room are encouraged to book early. Agreeing to share a room with another participant will increase the chances of availability at the conference site hotel. Please indicate a participants name at the time of booking if you have a preferred suggestion for room sharing.
- If you prefer to book your room in other hotels, you are welcome to do so. However, please note that you still need to book and pay for meals, and coffee breaks on:
- If you wish to arrive early or stay longer than the duration of the conference, it is certainly possible to extend your stay. In this case, please contact the Hotel and Conference Centre Monte Verità (monteverita.org) to inquire rates for additional nights. Board during pre‐ and post‐conference nights will be à la carte.
- Should you wish to bring accompanying people, you are most welcome to do so. However, please, note that accompanying people will not benefit from reduced hotel fees that have been negotiated for conference participants.